Delta-Simons has provided Environmental, Health & Safety support for this client across their EMEA workplace since 2019. As office resumption activities commenced during 2021 our client wanted to provide additional assurance to employees regarding the measures that had been put in place to support their health, safety and wellbeing whilst at work, and decided to confirm this this via third party verification in the form of the WELL Health-Safety Rating (WELL HSR).
WELL HSR is an evidence-based, third-party verified rating, focusing on operational policies, stakeholder engagement, emergency plans and maintenance protocols. It was informed by the COVID-19 pandemic, but has broader applicability for overall support of the health, safety and wellbeing of building occupants.
Our Client was keen to update policies and protocols in line with WELL HSR requirements and apply these to their 61 global offices to ensure consistency
Scope of Works
- Identifying WELL HSR Features: WELL HSR consists of 22 Features, and requires a minimum of 15 Features to be fulfilled in order to achieve the Rating. The first step was for Delta-Simons to work with the Client to identify the WELL HSR Features which were achievable with the information and policies available.
- Stakeholders’ engagement: Meetings with stakeholders to ensure an aligned approach, including: EHS, Facilities, Mechanical and Electrical, HR and Security.
- Documentation evidence: Collation of all evidence required to demonstrate adherence to the WELL Features sought. This included: Letters of Assurance, Policies, Professional Narratives and Technical Documents. Delta-Simons drafted explanatory documents for each Feature, to outline how the evidence demonstrated adherence to the Feature.
- Liaison with the International WELL Build Institute: Liaison with the appointed WELL Coach to ensure documentation was suitable.
- Innovation: Creation of proposals to demonstrate innovative ways in which the Client had implemented programmes to positively impact acute health and safety matters.
- Alternative Adherence Paths: Developing an Alternative Adherence Path to demonstrate that the Client met the intent of the Feature in an alternative manner.
- Preliminary Submission: Coordinating and undertaking upload to the WELL portal in a timely manner, to meet the deadline agreed with the Client.
- Review: Reviewing feedback from the preliminary submission and amending documentation ready for final submission.
- Final Submission: Uploading final documentation, which was reviewed prior to the WELL Health-Safety Rating being awarded.
Outcomes / Client Benefit
- Our Client wished to achieve WELL HSR to demonstrate that their office environments were a safe space in which to work, instilling confidence in their teams and others operational in the space.
- The WELL Health-Safety Rating was awarded following a successful final submission and the client received a seal to display at each of their office locations.
- The WELL Health-Safety Seal clearly demonstrates a strong commitment to health and wellbeing and we are proud to have supported the EHS Leadership team in determining the need and benefit of this external vertification.
See our Wellbeing services here.