Environmental Management System
A large automotive manufacturer reached out to Delta-Simons to provide maternity leave cover for their Environmental Manager. The role required;
- extensive experience within manufacturing,
- an in-depth knowledge of environmental permitting; and
- understanding of environment management systems and how to implement them.
The support was required at a time when the organisation were going through their ISO 14001 recertification, and so it was essential that Delta-Simons could hit the ground running to maintain the Client’s ISO 14001 certification and help make sure the site complied with applicable legislation and its permit conditions.
Delta-Simons were perfectly positioned to support due to their experience and knowledge of working on sites which pose environmental risk and the potential to pollute.
Scope of Works
Delta-Simons supported with the following scope of works:
- A 4 month onsite secondment at a large automotive manufacturing site.
- Responsible for driving environmental compliance and corporate sustainability goals.
- Working across all departments and building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Maintenance of the site’s EMS, including internal audits, evaluation of compliance and delivering training.
- Providing advice to the site on compliance issues and how to solve them.
Outcomes / Client Benefit
Delta-Simons received an award from the Client for an outstanding contribution to the Site’s operation. Key highlights of the support included:
- The Site successfully retained their ISO 14001 certification
- Implementation of practical, cost effective solutions to environmental challenges
- Identification of areas for improvement thorough auditing of the site’s processes