Environmental Planning Consultants
Delta-Simons were commissioned to undertake a multi-disciplinary project for land at Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln, by the Church Commissioners of England.
The Church Commissioners for England were seeking to obtain outline planning permission, with all matters reserved other than access, to cover three parcels of land south-east of Bracebridge Heath in Lincolnshire. It was proposed that the development would consist of up to 1,156 residential units, a primary school, a retail unit and 2.6ha of employment use along with associated infrastructure.
This development was classed as a statutory Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) development and therefore subject to the requirements of The Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2017. The development is currently going through the planning process.
Scope of Works
Delta-Simons Environmental Consultants Ltd were appointed to deliver the following specialist discipline assessments of the construction and operation for the proposed Bracebridge Heath development, with associated technical input to the EIA Screening request, EIA Scoping Report and Environmental Statement:
▲ Noise and Vibration
▲ Air Quality
▲ Ground Conditions, including site based ground investigations to inform the design development
▲ Soakaway Testing
▲ Flood Risk, Hydrology and Drainage Strategy
Outcome / Client Benefits
Utilising multidisciplinary co-ordination techniques, our in house Environmental Planning team supported internal and external technical specialists to deliver the following advanced benefits:
- Highlight key risks at the project outset, months in advance of reporting to inform the Client cost plan
- Provide master-planning advice to the architectural team so that housing numbers were maximised
- Advised the Client on numerous environmental solutions to minimise post planning conditions and constraints
- Ordered advanced advice from technical disciplines to ensure conflicting mitigation did not occur
- Provided innovative solutions to technical problems though Site orientation and re-modelling of the Site