Contaminated Land Consultant - Foleshill Gas Works, Coventry City FC
Delta-Simons worked with Coventry City Council and Tesco to provide an enabling works package to deliver the remediated site to Tesco for development, and to the council for the construction of the Ricoh Football Stadium.
Delta-Simons worked closely with Coventry City Council and Tesco to provide an enabling works package to deliver the remediated site to Tesco for development and to the council for the construction of the "Ricoh Football Stadium", now the home of Coventry City Football Club.
Outline / Scope of Works
- Feasibility cost reviews on the basis of information provided by others
- Gap Filling Site Investigation
- Provision of detailed Quantitative Risk Assessments in agreement with the Local Authority and the Environment Agency
- Production and review of tender documentation for remediation contractors
- Overseeing and validation of the remediation works
- Monitoring of ground water
Outcome / Client Benefits
The original feasibility cost of £20m provided by others was revised by us through a process of review and risk assessment, to a point whereby the revised costs allowed the development to proceed.
Our innovative approach to detailed risk assessment, focusing on "fit for use" remediation enabled us to deliver the solution for less than £5m. This approach was accepted by the regulators, the end users and the ultimate funding partners.
"Pinnacle sought a partner rather than simply a consultancy service provider. We looked for an organisation that listened carefully to our needs and ideas and provided a choice of added value solutions. We have been impressed with Delta-Simons ability to work closely with us to develop solutions that enables us to consistently deliver against our Client's objectives."
David Meigh, Partner, Pinnacle Consulting Engineers Limited