13 Aug 2018
Delta-Simons are this year sponsoring the 15th Brownfield Risk and Remediation conference in London on 27 September 2018.
The event is attended by regulators, consultants, remediation contractors and other industry experts working within the brownfield sector to discuss a wide range of issues associated with contaminated land risk assessment and remediation. The event will be held at Tower Hotel London.
Key sessions include:
- Environment Agency update: Outlining the implications of changes to waste management regulations for brownfield development projects
- Legal Update: Understanding the change scope for contaminated land risk assessment and remediation practices
- NQMS for Land Contamination Management
- Helping developers and builders of small brownfield sites and contaminated land
- Hydrocarbon Plume Characterisation & Remediation in Densely Abstracted Chalk Aquifer
- Case Study: The Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre
- Case Study: Intelligent integration of innovative geotechnical and environmental solutions allows development on a site impacted by galligu and petroleum hydrocarbons
- Case study: Managing the risk of mining legacy for 21st century development
The evening will also host the Brownfield Briefing Awards of which Delta-Simons managing director, Alex Ferguson, is a judge (read article). The Brownfield Briefing Awards recognises all that is best practice in the remediation sector by UK-based companies, as well as technical and conceptual excellence in projects that have been underway over the last 12 months.
Related article: Managing Director named as judge for Brownfield Briefing Awards