Carbon Management Consultants
We provide a comprehensive service tailored to our clients business needs. We look at the environmental impact of your entire business, and identify where efficiencies can be made, helping your business meet the challenges of sustainability.
We advise businesses of their opportunities in a sustainable low-carbon world. Our consultants ensure that the carbon strategy is practially viable whilst meeting the needs of the organisation to monitor and reduce its carbon output.
Delta-Simons provides carbon consultancy to clients from a range of sectors – including retail, offices, manufacturing, mailing, transport, logistics and energy. Whether you are considering assessing part or all of your business, or developing a carbon neutral product to market, we can help.
Services we offer
Managing your company’s carbon footprint means managing resources and managing spend. Providing products which are carbon neutral and environmentally responsible can add extra value to your customers and/or generate additional revenue streams. Demonstrating good carbon management can help win private and public sector bids and tenders.
We have calculated carbon footprints on a variety of projects, from the running of an office to global mailing operations; from a fleet of company vehicles to the manufacturing of a suit.
We conduct carbon footprints to best practice standards such as the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol, ISO14064-1 and PAS2050. We use internationally recognised emissions factors such as Defra to provide credible and robust calculations.
Delta-Simons can help your organisation to:
- Develop a carbon management policy
- Implement new or improved data collection processes
- Benchmark current performance
- Provide marketing material
All UK incorporated companies listed on the London Stock Exchange, New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ or in an European Economic Area are now required to report their annual greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Companies are required to
- Report carbon emissions within the annual financial statement
- Account for all global emissions for which they are responsible
- Use a widely recognised GHG standard to calculate emissions
- Disclose any exclusions or significant changes in company structure/activities
- Present the previous year’s emissions data to compare against the current year
- Include a carbon intensity ratio appropriate to your business activities
Carbon Reduction Commitment
The Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) requires all large consumers of energy (>6,000MWh annually) to report the electricity and gas they consume.
The scheme requires participants to gather energy data and make any necessary estimations. Companies must then buy allowances for every tonne of carbon they emit as a result of electricity and gas consumption.
In managing the CRC responsibilities for our clients, we help them to reduce energy consumption and subsequent CRC payments.
- Measure their emissions
- Commit to make tangible reductions to their environmental impact
- Offset at least 150% of their CO2e emissions
To become certified as ‘Beyond Carbon Neutral’, you need to:
- Define – Establish the boundaries of what is to be assessed (product, service, event, vehicle fleet or entire company)
- Measure - We calculate the carbon emissions associated with your chosen subject in line with internationally recognised standards
- Offset – Remove 100% of the emissions via verified carbon offsets (such as solar, wind and hydroelectric power; biogas or methane capture)
- Plant – Remove at least an extra 50% of emissions through ‘Woodland Carbon’ tree planting, in association with the Woodland Trust
- Commit - Identify actions to reduce carbon emissions in the future
- Communicate – We provide you with the ‘Beyond Carbon Neutral’ logo and marketing content as a distinct and credible statement of your commitment to the environment.
Going ‘Beyond Carbon Neutral’ shows your company’s commitment to not only neutralise the impact from some of your business activities, but to make a positive contribution to the environment.