Material & Waste Management
Delta-Simons was asked by a Czech Hydroelectric Engineering company to characterise materials at two sites in the North West of England to provide advice on geo-environmental constraints and re-use or disposal options.
The Client was assessing the feasibility of hydroelectric schemes along a major waterway in the northwest, including one in a disused lock adjacent to a sensitive marine environment protected under the habitats directive , and another adjacent to a weir.
Scope of Works
Delta-Simons conducted Site characterisation exercises at both sites including:
- Materials sampling and analysis;
- Preliminary Waste Classification of Materials
- Waste Acceptance Criteria Analysis;
- Reporting on Site constraints and potential opportunities with regards the materials;
- Regulatory engagement to support planning condition discharge
Outcome and Client Benefit
Our Client received:
- A clear understanding of the materials management implications resulting from the geochemical nature of the materials;
- Advice on the sites in the context of relevant UK legislation;
- A robust conceptualisation of geo-environmental risk and support top the discharge of contaminated land planning conditions in relation to the Site at the weir;
- Support to their progress towards delivering sustainable energy generation for a northwest-based national property and transport business.