Alex Ferguson and Dan Ellis Selected for Lincoln Climate Commission
29 Jul 2020
Zero Carbon Lincoln
On 23rd July 2019, the City of Lincoln Council declared a Climate and Environmental Emergency and set a target to become a net-zero carbon city by 2030.
Delta-Simons are proud to announce that Alex Ferguson (Managing Director) and Dan Ellis (Principal Sustainability Consultant) have been selected to be part of the Lincoln Climate Commission.
The Commission will:
- Champion Lincoln’s transition to a zero-carbon and climate resilient future
- Sign up to a Science-Based Target consistent with the Paris Agreement of limiting global temperature increases to 1.5oC
- Draw upon expertise in the community (industry, commerce, education and health) and the general devise a carbon reduction road map to net-zero.
- Oversee carbon reductions in highways and transport, energy, waste, food, health & wellbeing.
- Ensure co-ordination and foster synergy between stakeholders and projects
- Publish advice and progress on carbon reduction targets
Through Alex and Dan, we hope that we can contribute towards Lincoln’s ambitious plans with our expertise in brownfield land regeneration, ecology, environmental planning, health & safety, energy, carbon, waste, air quality, water, and business resilience.
Lincoln is where Delta-Simons was founded and remains the location of our headquarters. Since we were formed in 1992, we have seen Lincoln grow into a vibrant city - with increased investment from business and industry, expansion of a world-class University – all whilst maintaining its cultural heritage. We hope that we can help to make a positive difference in making our beautiful cathedral city a truly sustainable place to live and work.