02 Aug 2019
Delta-Simons Managing Director, Alex Ferguson, is once more on the judging panel for this year’s Brownfield Briefing Awards to be held in London on 19th September. This is the 15th year for the awards, which recognises best practice in the remediation sector by UK-based companies.
The industry has faced some economic, social, legal and environmental challenges over the last few years, so the awards are expecting to recognise some of the most innovative entries and celebrate the hard work and creative solutions applied to projects by the entrants.
Alex joined Delta-Simons Environmental Consultants in 2001 delivering multidisciplinary solutions for UK and international developers. In this time he has gained extensive experience and knowledge of a wide range of property acquisition, development and divestiture projects. Alex has a keen commercial awareness of how to create value from brownfield land challenges and is working with property clients to integrate sustainability, wellness and social value considerations into the property sector. Alex is also a Board Director of Inogen Environmental Alliance, a global platform delivering environmental, health and safety solutions to multinational organisations.
Categories for the awards are:
- Best Project Preparatory Work
- Best Scientific/Technical/Digital Advance
- Best Public Engagement and Participation
- Best Application of Remediation Technologies
- Best Remediation of a Smaller Site
- Best Project Closure/Verification
- Best Re-use of Materials
- Best Urban Regeneration
- Best International Project
- Best Public Sector/Not for Profit Led Project
- Best Infrastructure Project
- Best Bio-diversity Enhancement
- Project of the Year
- Best Young Brownfield Professional
Judges for the awards are:
- Alex Ferguson, Managing Director, Delta-Simons
- Lisa Hathway, Principal Land Quality Engineer, NHBC
- Jonathan Atkinson, Technical Specialist Groundwater & Contaminated Land, Environment Agency
- Jonathan Steeds, Technical Director, Atkins
- Frank Wescott, Director, Westenviro
- Richard Boyle, Senior Technical Manager, Homes England
- Christine Mardle, Technical Director, WSP
- Stephan Jefferis, Director, Environmental Geotechnics
- James Cartwright, Director, McAuliffe
- Ian Grant, Editorial Director, Environment Analyst
- David Rudland, Contaminated Land Officer and Remediation Project Manager, Swindon Borough Council
- Clive Boyle, Managing Director, CRB Environmental
- Ann Barker, Lead Officer Contaminated Land, Environmental Health, City of Bradford MDC
The awards will be held at the London Hilton (Bankside) to book your table please see the event details.
See winners for Brownfield Briefing Awards 2018.
Related articles: Managing Director named as judge for Brownfield Briefing Awards 2018